Chardham Yatra 2013 –
Travel Guide about Char Dham Pilgrimage Tour
Book Char Dham Yatra Tour
Panch Badris or Five Badris
Besides the main temple of Badrinath there are four other smaller badri temples. These are collectively called the panch badris or five badris. Very few pilgrims however, visit the other four Badri temples.
- Yogadhyan Badri (1920 m.)Closest to the main temple of Badrinath lies this tiny, sleepy hamlet which remains unnoticed by most pilgrims and is the winter home for the idol at Badrinath. Pandukeshwar is also an important archaeological site. Some years ago, four ancient metal foils engraved with a description of several kings in the region were discovered here. Believed to be over 1500 years old, these foils are kept at Joshimath, 30 km downstream.
- Bhavishya Badri (2,744 m.)
The bhavishya or future badri is situated at Subain near Tapovan, about 17 km east of Joshimath. According to Hindu belief, when evil is on the rise in this world, the two mountains Nara and Narayan at Badrinath will close up on each other and destroy the route to the present Badrinath. This would also mark the end of the present world and the beginning of a new one. Lord Badrinath will then appear at the Bhavishya Badri temple and be worshipped here instead of at the present one.
- Bridha Badri or the 'Old Badri'
Bridha Badri or the 'old Badri' is the third temple about 7 kms short of Joshimath, on the main Rishikesh-Badrinath motor road at Animath. It is believed that Badrinath was worshipped here before its enshrinement by Shankaracharya at the main Badrinath seat. The temple of Bridha Badri is open throughout the year.
- Adi Badri: Adi Badri is the farthest from the other four badris. It is approachable from Karnaprayag by a motorable road enroute Ranikhet. The temple complex has 16 small temples with intricate carvings. Seven of these temples belong to the late Gupta period. Local tradition assigns these buildings to Shankaracharya. The main temple is distinguished by a pyramid shaped raised platform, with a black stone idol of Vishnu.
- Five Badris – Tourist Attraction Panch Badris near Badrinath
Panch Badris – Find Online Pilgrimage Panch Badris Tour Package | Temple Tour Panch Mandir.
Let holiday expert design the right package for you.
Click here for support.
Book Hotels In India
Having been the capital of the Mughals, Agra boasts of a rich culture and heritage which reflects in all its aspects, whether in the style of architecture or the culture. Above all, the Taj Mahal awaits your arrival. Agra is famous for the Taj Mahotsav.
Book Flights in India
Air India is the national flag carrier of India with a worldwide network of passenger and cargo services. Air India can be identifies as the airline in the white and red. Air India is one of the two state owned airlines in the country - the other being Indian.
Book Trains in India
India's capital city New Delhi is one the largest cities of the world. Politically named as national capital territory of Delhi, the city is one of the four metropolitan cities of India. Also referred to as the ?Mini India', Delhi is home to people from almost every region of the country.
Chardham Yatra 2013 – Travel Guide about Char Dham Pilgrimage Tour.